Assembly Version is 0.0.0.0

Guest

Hello,

In my ASP.NET (1.1) project, I look for the current version of the assembly:

Version vv = GetType().Assembly.GetName().Version;
return("v" + vv.ToString());

I am always seeing "v0.0.0.0" for the output, even though I set the version
in the assembly.cs file explicitly:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("2.0.102.*")]

Any ideas how I can get the actual assembly version of the code-behind DLL
for my ASP.NET application?

Thanks

-- Jake

Guest

ahha!

Because I am using "getType()" the actual DLL type is coming from the ASPX
page, not the code-behind. So when I replaced the getType() with:

typeof(CodeBehindType)

I got the actual version I wanted.

-- Jake