  1. When i assign some css properties should i allways use the postfix like
    measurment units (so use: 150px instead of only 150).
    Please answer. Waitin.

    Luke Matuszewski, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Luke Matuszewski

    RobG Guest

    Luke Matuszewski wrote:
    > When i assign some css properties should i allways use the postfix like
    > measurment units (so use: 150px instead of only 150).
    > Please answer. Waitin.

    All length values must have units unless they are set to zero (0).

    "The format of a length value (denoted by <length> in this
    specification) is a <number> (with or without a decimal point)
    immediately followed by a unit identifier (e.g., px, em, etc.).
    After a zero length, the unit identifier is optional."

    <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#length-units>

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Nov 19, 2005

  3. Luke Matuszewski

    Danny Guest

    Yes. Unless is a zero value

    Danny

    Danny, Nov 19, 2005
  4. RobG wrote:

    > <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#length-units>

    CSS 2.1 is currently a Working Draft inappropriate to cite
    as reference material.

    <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#length-units>

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 19, 2005
  5. Luke Matuszewski

    RobG Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > RobG wrote:
    >

    >> <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#length-units>

    > CSS 2.1 is currently a Working Draft inappropriate to cite
    > as reference material.

    Aww, come on Thomas :)

    While you are strictly correct, I don't see the harm in pointing to CSS
    2.1. It is a replacement for (and a cleanup of) CSS 2 and is a "Last
    Call" Working Draft, the deadline for comments was 15 July 2005. It
    should become a Candidate Recommendation pretty soon, I guess once the
    test suite is completed.

    The W3C link to it from their CSS page rather than CSS 2.

    > <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#length-units>

    Or:

    <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html#length-units>

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Nov 20, 2005
  6. RobG wrote:

    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> RobG wrote:
    >>> <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#length-units>

    >> CSS 2.1 is currently a Working Draft inappropriate to cite
    >> as reference material.

    > Aww, come on Thomas :)
    >
    > While you are strictly correct, I don't see the harm in pointing to
    > CSS 2.1.

    I do, if it is referred to other than as "work in progress".

    > It is a replacement for (and a cleanup of) CSS 2 and is a "Last Call"
    > Working Draft, the deadline for comments was 15 July 2005. It should
    > become a Candidate Recommendation pretty soon, I guess once the test
    > suite is completed.

    As the CSS2 Errata clearly state, CSS 2.1 should be considered
    only proposed errata for CSS2 if it is still a working draft.

    In fact, CSS2.1 already was a CR (as of 2004-02-25, if you followed
    the "Previous version" link), which also was determined by itself to
    be inappropriate to cite as reference material etc. pp. At least
    now you know why.

    > The W3C link to it from their CSS page rather than CSS 2.

    Yes, sometimes they do not follow their very own standards.

    >> <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#length-units>

    > Or:
    >
    > <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html#length-units>

    That is not the same thing. Once CSS 2.1 becomes a REC, it
    will be probably available through the former URI reference.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 20, 2005