Assigning Typed Dataset Table Adapter Connection Property A Web Config Connection At Runtime

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by billy.murray@scomagg.com, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have a system which comprises 4 servers (1 server per plant area).
    Each plant area server has 2 databases (Config<n> and Runtime<n> where
    <n> is the plant area number) and 1 web application which uses these 2
    databases (The same web application is deployed on each server). All
    this works fine, however we also require to have a central server which
    comrises all 8 database and the web application. The pairs of
    databases are identical in structure on each system.

    Is there any way to include 8 different connection strings in the web
    config file and dynamically change the connection property of the table
    adapters to connect to the correct database.

    The central server system will be configured with 4 virtual directories
    pointing at the same web application. Doing this I can easily work out
    which 2 connections I need to use but I cannot reconfigure the Dataset
    Table Adapters.

    Any help would be great.

    , Dec 13, 2006