    VBScript and where they are used.

    many thanks

    , Dec 11, 2006

  2. VK Guest

    <http://www.jibbering.com/faq>

    VK, Dec 11, 2006

    VK wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > hey im doing an assignment on scripting languages and i was wondering
    > > if someone could tell me the main differences between JavaScript,
    > > JScript, and VBScript, and also give me some examples of JScript and
    > > VBScript and where they are used.

    > <http://www.jibbering.com/faq>

    hey yeh i looked at that but it doesn't really give me any of the core
    differences between the scripts and also it doesn't really have any
    examples of it, for the examples i need the code and then a screen
    print of the code in action, can anyone help?

    , Dec 11, 2006
  4. VK Guest

    > > <http://www.jibbering.com/faq>
    >
    > hey yeh i looked at that but it doesn't really give me any of the core
    > differences between the scripts

    There are not "core" differences: but there are extra properties and
    methods in each implementation (atop of the core functionality which is
    common to both).

    > and also it doesn't really have any
    > examples of it, for the examples i need the code and then a screen
    > print of the code in action, can anyone help?

    This will get you started, make some studies and researches by yourself
    as well:

    <head>
    <title>Hello World</title>
    content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    <script type="text/javascript">

    function init() {
    var output = document.forms[0].elements['output'];
    var message1 = 'Hello World!\n';
    var message2 = 'My name is Nick';
    output.value = message1 + message2;
    }

    window.onload = init;
    </script>
    </head>

    <form action="" onsubmit="return false;">
    <fieldset>
    <legend>JavaScript</legend>
    <textarea name="output" cols="64" rows="16"></textarea>
    </fieldset>
    </form>

    VK, Dec 11, 2006

    cheers m8, many thanks

    VK wrote:

    > > > <http://www.jibbering.com/faq>

    > > hey yeh i looked at that but it doesn't really give me any of the core
    > > differences between the scripts

    > There are not "core" differences: but there are extra properties and
    > methods in each implementation (atop of the core functionality which is
    > common to both).
    >
    > > and also it doesn't really have any
    > > examples of it, for the examples i need the code and then a screen
    > > print of the code in action, can anyone help?

    > This will get you started, make some studies and researches by yourself
    > as well:
    >
    > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
    > <head>
    > <title>Hello World</title>
    > content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    >
    > function init() {
    > var output = document.forms[0].elements['output'];
    > var message1 = 'Hello World!\n';
    > var message2 = 'My name is Nick';
    > output.value = message1 + message2;
    > }
    >
    > window.onload = init;
    > </script>
    > </head>

    > <form action="" onsubmit="return false;">
    > <fieldset>
    > <legend>JavaScript</legend>
    > <textarea name="output" cols="64" rows="16"></textarea>
    > </fieldset>
    > </form>

    , Dec 11, 2006
  6. Tim Slattery Guest

    wrote:

    >hey im doing an assignment on scripting languages and i was wondering
    >if someone could tell me the main differences between JavaScript,
    >JScript, and VBScript, and also give me some examples of JScript and
    >VBScript and where they are used.

    JScript (Microsoft's implementation of Java Script:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp

    VBScript (Microsoft's proprietary scripting language derived from
    BASIC):
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/0a8270d7-7d8f-4368-b2a7

    --
    Tim Slattery