Atlas UpdatePanel with Webparts

Prashant Majhwar

<atlas:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
<contenttemplate>
<-------webpartcontro------l>
</contenttemplate>
</atlas:UpdatePanel>

My webpart contains a dropdown list and linkbuttons. Dropdown list becomes
empty when i use the update panel. Any solutions to this ?

--Prashant Majhwar

DWS

Prashant Majhwar

Maybe this will help. You can instantly make a webpartzone and all of the
webparts in it asyncronous without writing any code or making changes to
individual webparts. Check out the April 2nd blog entry.
http://spaces.msn.com/sipjbydws400/blog/

As for the dropdown make sure to set autopostback=true unless of course you
have some button or similar on the webpart to process the changes.

Good Luck
DWS

March CTP of Atlas is running webparts http://www.dws400.com check it out
for more webpart inspiration.

Prashant Majhwar

I was placing the updatepanel inside the webpartzone due to which the
webpart was crashing. The autopostback property were true in both the cases.

<asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone1" runat="server" Height="68px"
Mozilla:WebPartVerbRenderMode="TitleBar">
<ZoneTemplate>
<atlas:UpdatePanel ID="myUpdate1"
runat="server" Mode="Always">
<ContentTemplate>
<WPControls:ShoppingCartControlWP
ID="_ShoppingCartControlWP" runat="server" />
</ContentTemplate>
</atlas:UpdatePanel>
</ZoneTemplate>
</asp:WebPartZone>

That's why the dropdownlist and other contents were coming empty. But now
when I wrapped the webpartzone with the updatepanel the contents are getting
loaded.

<atlas:UpdatePanel ID="myUpdate1" runat="server" Mode="Always">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone1" runat="server"
Height="68px" Mozilla:WebPartVerbRenderMode="TitleBar">
<ZoneTemplate>
<WPControls:ShoppingCartControlWP
ID="_ShoppingCartControlWP" runat="server" />
</ZoneTemplate>
</asp:WebPartZone>
</ContentTemplate>
</atlas:UpdatePanel>

but there is error that popsup now...

Assertion Failed: Duplicate use of id "WebPart__ShoppingCartControlWP" for
object of type "Sys.UI.Controls.WebParts.WebPart".