Attribute Error in xml.sax.saxutils.XMLGenerator on Arch Linux (64bit)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andreas Hasenkopf, Jun 29, 2011.

  1. Hi there,
    after switching from Ubuntu to Arch Linux I noticed a disturbing problem
    in a Python script I wrote (see
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/emcdutilityprog/files/).
    Using Windows (Python 2.6) and Ubuntu 11.04 (Python 2.7) I did not
    experience any problems.
    Using Arch Linux (Python 2.7) I got the following errors:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1663, in settings_dialog
    self.settings.dialog(self.window)
    File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1502, in dialog
    self.save()
    File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1445, in save
    self.prepare_writing()
    File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1414, in prepare_writing

    self.xmltree.startElementNS((None,u'EELS-GUI-Settings'),u'EELS-GUI-Settings',attrs,True)
    File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1352, in startElementNS
    self._write('\t'*self.counter)
    AttributeError: Generator instance has no attribute '_write'

    I'm using the '_write' method in an instance Generator, which has
    xml.sax.saxutils.XMLGenerator as parent. I'm using it to make the
    resulting xml file more readable for humans.

    Have you encountered a similar problem? Maybe you could suggest me some
    possible solutions to my little problem?

    Thanks a lot
    Andi

    --
    Andreas Hasenkopf