audio stream

Ark. Rost

Hi! I'm a student and we are writing implementation of Karplus-Strong
string synthesis algorithm with some modifications. So we need to
create audio stream to write information there. Unfortunatelly, I
don't know how to work with sound in cpp at all. Please suggest me a
small well-documentated audio library.

Regards,
Ark.Rost

Öö Tiib

Hi! I'm a student and we are writing implementation of Karplus-Strong
string synthesis algorithm with some modifications. So we need to
create audio stream to write information there. Unfortunatelly, I
don't know how to work with sound in cpp at all. Please suggest me a
small well-documentated audio library.

How about googling for "c++ audio library" then?

Stuart Golodetz

Ark. Rost said:
Hi! I'm a student and we are writing implementation of Karplus-Strong
string synthesis algorithm with some modifications. So we need to
create audio stream to write information there. Unfortunatelly, I
don't know how to work with sound in cpp at all. Please suggest me a
small well-documentated audio library.

Regards,
Ark.Rost

The main audio libraries I know about (which is not to say that there
aren't better alternatives) are FMOD (Ex) and OpenAL:

http://www.fmod.org/
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx

Personally, I like FMOD Ex better than OpenAL at present, but YMMV :)

That said, you're entirely off-topic in a newsgroup intended for
discussions about the C++ language -- the hint is in the name
comp.*lang*.c++ (emphasis mine). If you have any problems with either of
the libraries mentioned, this isn't the place to post them -- look for
internet forums if you can't find an appropriate newsgroup (I seem to
remember gamedev.net having an applicable forum, for what it's worth).

Regards,
Stu

Jorgen Grahn

Hi! I'm a student and we are writing implementation of Karplus-Strong
string synthesis algorithm with some modifications.

I have no idea what that is, but hopefully it's irrelevant.
So we need to
create audio stream to write information there. Unfortunatelly, I
don't know how to work with sound in cpp at all. Please suggest me a
small well-documentated audio library.

If you settle for reading and writing e.g. 8000Hz mono WAVE files,
it's not exactly rocket science. I have some code here, and it's not
a lot:

http://snipabacken.se/~grahn/comp/#soundsaw

Not guaranteed to work for your purposes, but if you can test it
quickly and find that it does what you want, you don't need a
library.

/Jorgen