Authenticating against Novell.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Keith, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    You're essentially trying to do pass-through NTLM
    authentication against NDS. Novell has a solution for
    this called "NDS Authentication Services".
    Unfortunately, either that product is now wrapped into
    something else or at the end of its life.

    Here's a link:

    http://developer.novell.com/ndk/nds-as.htm

    I'd call Novell if I were you and find out the complete
    answer.

    Novell NDS with a
    >functionnality like Windows Authentication.
    >Let me explain. Clients on Windows network don't need to

    enter their
    >username/password to authenticate. In IIS allow

    anonymous = false and
    >Windows authentication is set to on, so the users are

    validated against
    >their domain\username. Come's a novell client....
    >
    >Will I have to get them to re-enter their novel

    username/password
    >combination so that at the webservice end I can Validate

    their
    >username/password pair in NDS or is there a way to get

    the IIS box to
    >authenticate the Novell user without passing the

    username/password info.

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004