Authentication help

Bruce Groen

I am having some authentication issues. I download a sample app to test the
forms based authentication process of asp.net and it works on one of my
servers but not the other one. The one that it is not working on is my
production server and has OWA, CRM, Sharepoint, etc. Most everything is
configured to require windows authentication and use https but for this one
test folder, I changed it to not use https and to allow anonymous access.
However, when I click on the button that takes me to the page that should
require forms based authentication, it shows me the page without requiring
authentication. I know this is pretty vague but I was hoping someone could
point me in the right direction. There is a publicpage.aspx that just has a
button that redirects me to a page called privatepage.aspx that is in a
subfolder called secret. The web.config for the first folder looks like
this:
<configuration>
<system.web>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="LoginPage.aspx">
<credentials passwordFormat="Clear">
<user name="Jeff" password="imbatman" />
<user name="John" password="redrover" />
<user name="Bob" password="mxyzptlk" />
<user name="Alice" password="nomalice" />
<user name="Mary" password="contrary" />
</credentials>
</forms>
</authentication>
</system.web>
</configuration>

The one that is in the secret folder looks like this:
<configuration>
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</configuration>

One one server, it redirects to the login page just fine but the other one
doesn't authenticate and just shows me the page. Thanks again for any help.
BTW, both servers are running Windows 2003 without SP1.

Pat

Bruce is your Allow Anonymous Access checked at the same time with Integrate
Security?
And by the way where is you web.config located
Patrick

Bruce Groen

For the Default Web Site the Enable anonymouse access is not checked and the
Integrated Windows Authentication is checked.
But when I right click on the folder that I have stored the actual aspx
pages in, it has the Enable anonymouse access checked and Integrated Windows
Authentication is unchecked.
There is a webconfig in the wwwroot folder as well as in the appfolder where
the public aspx file resides and one in the secret subfolder which is where
the private.aspx resides. The two config files I posted were teh appfolder
and the secret subfolder respectively.

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks for your help.