authentication mode=windows and forms togather in the same project

Oren101

is it possible to use authentication mode=windows and forms togather in the
same project?
i have a 2 different asp pages in my application .one of them should be
authenticated with 'forms' mode and the other one with 'windows' mode.
i was able to do each one alone with the help of the <application> element
in the web.config but i could'nt make them both live togather in the same
project. is that possible?

Regards,
OreN

WJ

Dominick Baier said:
Hello Oren101,

no - thats not possible.

You can use sub-web for his purpose. Allow 1st level to be
form-authenticated, the 2nd layer (sub-web) will use Windows-Auth, it will
still work within the same sln.

John

Oren101

when i use a different sub for another aspx page i have to convert this sub
to application in iis but then i get an error becouse it can't find the bin
sub. the only way i found to fix it is to copy the bin to the new sub as
well.is there any better solution?

WJ

Oren101 said:
when i use a different sub for another aspx page i have to convert this
sub
to application in iis but then i get an error becouse it can't find the
bin
sub. the only way i found to fix it is to copy the bin to the new sub as
well.is there any better solution?

Unfortunately there is no otherway around but the sub-web concept works when
you deploy to the server.

John