authentication problem

Alex

not sure if that's something very simple and stupid or there's more to
it...:

I'm developing an asp.net (c#) app on my local machine at home using
forms authentication checking against my own sql server 2K database.
the machine is part of a domain and running the app on my machine via
localhost works perfectly.

the problem arises when I try to run the app from *any* other machine
on the network. I get to the login.aspx screen and type in my
credentials but don't get redirected to the correct page -- instead, I
remain on the login.aspx page.

so, I went in and removed authentication all together and suddenly I
received a network login screen (username, password, domain). entering
my domain admin information did *NOT* let me in!!! what the heck's
going on? all I got back was the "not authorized" message...

I then went and looked at the directory in inetpub/wwwroot that's
running the app and saw a lot of roles/users in there but not the IUSR
account. so I added it with "modify" permissions -- no change.

Please help, as I'm supposed to demo the app here shortly... :|

if you think it has to do with the directory permissions which
users/roles should have access to the wwwroot/myapp folder? I have some
external library projects included in that solution that wouldn't have
the those rights either, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it...

Thanks,

Alex

IPGrunt

[...]

Sounds like your IIS Server (server running on your workstation,
right?) is authenticating with your local machine account instead of
the domain account.

-- ipgrunt

Alex

yes, my IIServer is running on my XP-pro workstation.

hm... are you talking about the "anonymous access" setting? that's
currently "IUSR_MYMACHINE"... what should it be?