Authentication Q - Cant use basic or windows

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by arun.hallan@gmail.com, Nov 6, 2006.

    I'm having problems with authentication.
    I have a set of users that are allowed to use a webpage. They are in
    domain A.
    My goal is to get the username of these users and then check them
    against my list.

    The webpage is hosted under a username in domain B.
    I cannot change any settings on the domains.

    This means that i cant use windows authentication because of the
    different domains.

    I've tried to use basic authentication, but then a secondary function
    that the webpage fires off doesnt work for some reason (i havent found
    out why because i cant debug in my VS under basic auth!).

    Is there anyway else to do it?
    At the moment the authentication is set to anonymous but the username
    is set to the same username the webpage is hosted under.

    Thanks

    , Nov 6, 2006

  2. Jeff Dillon Guest

    Set the domains as trusted. And for the problem function, show the code

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 6, 2006

    I can't change the domains, im not an admin and there are too many
    users to warrant that change.

    As for the problem function - the problem is that i cant send out
    messages to Tibco Rendezvous. The function works ok usually.

    Jeff Dillon wrote:
    > Set the domains as trusted. And for the problem function, show the code
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm having problems with authentication.
    > > I have a set of users that are allowed to use a webpage. They are in
    > > domain A.
    > > My goal is to get the username of these users and then check them
    > > against my list.
    > >
    > > The webpage is hosted under a username in domain B.
    > > I cannot change any settings on the domains.
    > >
    > > This means that i cant use windows authentication because of the
    > > different domains.
    > >
    > > I've tried to use basic authentication, but then a secondary function
    > > that the webpage fires off doesnt work for some reason (i havent found
    > > out why because i cant debug in my VS under basic auth!).
    > >
    > > Is there anyway else to do it?
    > > At the moment the authentication is set to anonymous but the username
    > > is set to the same username the webpage is hosted under.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    , Nov 8, 2006
  4. Jeff Dillon Guest

    What the heck is Tibco? Do you get an error?? Etc etc etc

    I didn't say change the domains. You are responsible for this website? Then
    ask if the domains can be trusted. Have you tried?

    Without seeing your code you are wasting our time

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 8, 2006