Authorization

phreeskier

i want to implement authorization with windows authentication and don't
have the slightest clue of how to do this implementation. the basic
windows authentication for this .NET application is already setup. my
problem lies within my inability to manipulate the window group role.

specifically, i have the following questions:
1) is it required to set the authentication in web.config to Windows?
2) what advantages are there to create groups in a database over window
groups?
3) how are custom window groups declared? for a group named Financial,
would it be user.IsInRole(WindowsBuiltInRole.Financial)?
4) should the username and role be declared in the session_start event
in the global.asax file?
5) if the session_start event is not used, where would the username and
role be declared?

as you can see, i'm trying to figure out how to correctly setup
authorization with windows authentication so that sections of specific
files are only accessible by a certain group. thank you in advance for
your help.

thanks,
john
e: (e-mail address removed)