Auto-opening popup script when the window is minimized

xplosiveconcepts

Hello all,

I have a very simple PHP script that is reading a plain-text CSV file
and parses it out into into a HTML table to display the data. No
biggie.

What I want to do is while keeping the browser window for that page
open and minimized, i want to be able to maximize the window when the
text file has been update. This is a small script that is being used
for some dispatchers at a taxi company and the popup window is
supposed to be their list of customers to pickup. The company has
several dispatchers who are constantly updating a proprietary system,
and this system has a special program that spits out the data for
customers who need to be picked up. Every dispatcher has a link to
this PHP webpage to display the next available pickups. The only
problem is that they want to be able to minimize the browser window
and have it open automatically when a name has either been added or
removed from the pickup list.

Is is possible to integrate a javascript function to do this with PHP?

THANKS!

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 6/13/2007 9:34 AM:
Hello all,

I have a very simple PHP script that is reading a plain-text CSV file
and parses it out into into a HTML table to display the data. No
biggie.

What I want to do is while keeping the browser window for that page
open and minimized, i want to be able to maximize the window when the
text file has been update.

You can't. If a user wants it minimized, then the page author can't
over-ride that choice.

xplosiveconcepts

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Really? I thought for sure it would be possible with some DOM or
Javascript trickery. Any ideas on how I could simulate something such
as this?

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 6/13/2007 1:50 PM:

Yep, really.
I thought for sure it would be possible with some DOM or Javascript trickery.
Nope.

Any ideas on how I could simulate something such as this?

Make the data page a popup and have them disable tabs in IE7 so that it
opens a true new window and it will popup. Otherwise, give up and save
yourself a lot of headaches.