Auto Post Back

scotty

I have a ListBox with AutoPostBack='True'. The corresponsing form is
set as follows:

<form runat='server' method='POST' action='results.asp'
name='mbrlst_search' ID='search_form'>

When javascript is enabled, I auto-post the form at the bottom of
the .aspx page. It works fine.

With javascript disabled, however, the action of the form, when the
submit button is clicked, does not work. The form continues to post
to the originating page. I need the page to post to the action
attribute (as written) when Javascript is off. However, the form keeps
posting back to itself.

I thought maybe the AutoPostBack='True' setting was causing this,
which wouldn't make sense since the problem occurs when javascript is
disabled, but I thought if I reset this attribute in these instances,
the form would post as written.

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Thanks,

Scott

Aidy

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Auto post back needs javascript enabled to work.

bruce barker

when you put a runat=server on a form, it always renders the action as
the rendering page (do a view source). asp.net counts on javascript to
support cross posting to another page.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)