Auto-Press Button

Al

How to Hit the Submit Button via loading the page.?

Explain:
I have page with username and Submit button
the value of the username is hardcoded in asp page
but i do not want the user to click on the submit instead
i like to have such a page as a link that they click
and go to asp page with submit button but pressed through the link instead
the user click the submit button.

hope this message is read fine.

TIA
Jose

Evertjan.

Al wrote on 17 apr 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
How to Hit the Submit Button via loading the page.?

Wrong NG.

ASP is serverside, and your question is strictly clientside.

Please see a clientside NG.

==============

btw:

Al

I tried <body onload="document.Myform.submit();"> and did not work what
would be the proper way to do it

thanks

Evertjan.

Al wrote on 17 apr 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I tried <body onload="document.Myform.submit();"> and did not work what
would be the proper way to do it

Perhaps I made a coding error,
but please do not continue this off-topic subject here.

Try: comp.lang.javascript

Bob Lehmann

Replace Myform with the name of YOUR form. If you haven't named the form,
use forms[0] - assumes you only have 1 form on your page, or is the first
form.

Invest in a javascript book if you are going to be doing this kind of
coding.
Take post to a client-side group.

Bob Lehmann