Auto-remove feature in asp program

dave

I have an email program, that I wrote for my newsletter. When I send my
emails, I am getting more and more bad emails. Is there a way to have an
auto remore feature that will remore the email from my database?

Dave

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

If you stop spamming people, they'll stop shutting down their accounts. :)

Just kidding. Seriously though, the database doesn't have some magic trick
for determining valid e-mail accounts. What you could do is mark the e-mail
as unverified in the database; send out an e-mail when the person registers,
asking them to click a link to confirm. The link would mark the row as
verified, and then your newsletter would only send mail to *verified* e-mail
accounts. I think your bounce frequency would be greatly reduced, so that
manual removals wouldn't be such a burden.

There are probably non-trivial ways to probe SMTP servers for the validity
of accounts, but they are unlikely to be worth the effort, never mind
checking your entire set of accounts prior to each mailing.