auto responders

verve

We have to develop an application called auto responder using jsp/java
which will send mails to the customers of a site at regualr intervals
from the time the customers sign's up with the site to promote about
there products.Can anyone suggest the best way.

jan V

We have to develop an application called auto responder using jsp/java
which will send mails to the customers of a site at regualr intervals
from the time the customers sign's up with the site to promote about
there products.Can anyone suggest the best way.

a) double- and triple-check your requirements. Do you REALLY need it?

b) don't reinvent the wheel: see if there's a free/open source/commercial
package out there that fulfills your requirements

c) if you do have to write it yourself.. I guess the JavaMail API
immediately springs to mind