Auto Save user's work every 15 minutes

Michelle

Hi All,

I have an ASP.NET application with a session timeout of 20 minutes -
for security reasons. I have a web form in this application that I
need to Auto Save every 15 minutes (in case the User has left his/her
desk or they got distracted and have left the program idle) - what
would you recommend as the best solution for this?

Thank you,
Michelle

RN

The only way you'll possibly be able to save this is to have some
client-side javascript count down 15 minutes and submit the form, and then
the server can save data and/or maintain the session. But, if you do this,
the session won't timeout and your security timeout will be worthless.
Remember that data is maintained on the client's browser until submitting to
the server.