AutoCompleteExtender appears to break when focus is set to a control on page load

Justin Dutoit

Hey. I hope some MS folks read this group. Try getting an AJAX
AutoCompleteExtender working on a page, on a textbox, then use a bit of
client javascript to set the focus into the textbox (natural enough) on page
load. It seems to break the AutoCompleteExtender! If anyone else can
reproduce this, please let us know. I figured the control needed some
functionality on page load, which was why it depended on onload, but if you
put <body onload="alert('hey');"> it seems to work fine- it's just the
focus() it doesn't like.
If anyone knows client javascript well (Mr Honnen?), maybe you could find a
way to get around this?

Appreciate any help
Justin Dutoit