autofill text field after listbox item selected

Dave

Hi All,

Just getting started with ASP (NOT .NET) and have a question:

I have a basic form and I'm trying to add some functionality to it. I want
a user to be able to select a product from a list box. After this product
is selected have another text box, ProductID update to reflect the product
number.

In VB I would use an OnChange type thing. Can anyone point me how to do
this with an ASP page or using some kind of embedded script?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave said:
Hi All,

Just getting started with ASP (NOT .NET) and have a question:

I have a basic form and I'm trying to add some functionality to it.
I want a user to be able to select a product from a list box. After
this product is selected have another text box, ProductID update to
reflect the product number.

In VB I would use an OnChange type thing. Can anyone point me how to
do this with an ASP page or using some kind of embedded script?

You're not asking about ASP here, which is strictly server-side technology.
You will get more attention by posting this to a client-side scripting group
such as .scripting.jscript.

Bob Barrows