automated form

Iain

Hi,

I have got been issued with a new version of a document management system
which has a web based front end.

Original the system was written in ASP and I modified the login page to hold
the values and added some javascript to automatically submit the form. I
would like to carry this over to the new asp.net version of the application.
I have carried over the same logic but I am getting a javascript error
saying recursion error. Looking at these asp.net pages the webform seems to
submit to its self. Is it possible to make the login automatic?

TIA

Scott Allen

Hi Iain:

Yes, ASP.NET forms post back to themselves by default, it's a
difficult road to have them behave any differently. Have you
investigated forms authentication features in ASP.NET?