Automatic formatting html

Guest

Hi there,

I have a placeholder, table, tr and td object in this way in an .aspx file

<asp:placeholder id=plhGrid Visible="False" Runat="server">
... some other stuff
</asp:placeholder>

I've always been manually programming the pure html like this to extinguish
where each code block ends. Remark that at the ending tags

</..>
</..>
</..>

I always want to have exactly ONE blank character between the ending tags to
see where these code blocks end.

and when changing between design and html modein the vs.net 2003 environment
it automatically changes it to this

<asp:placeholder id=plhGrid Visible="False" Runat="server">
<TABLE width="960" border="1">
<TR>
<TD>...some stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>
</asp:placeholder>

Any suggestions that works?

TIA

Kenneth P

TDAVISJR

Humm..you seem to be using the placeholder for where I would normally use a
<asp:panel> control for. Are you positive you've done this in the past. If
not, try using the panel control

Guest

Well TDAVISJR,

To tell you the truth, I never had done it with a placeholder, doing it with
a Panel didn't change anything.

The vs.net2003 editor still does whatever it will with my code, I still
can't control it.

Can't I in Tools->Options -> somewhere set my options and tell the
vs.net2003 editor to obey me?

/Kenneth P