Automatic generation of function's uses and dependences (graph representation)

hjbortol

Greetings!

Is there a program that looks at your C project
and automagically generates a graph indicanting which functions
are used by each other function in the project?

I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C
programming environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or
Linux?

Thank you very much, Humberto.

CBFalconer

Is there a program that looks at your C project and automagically
generates a graph indicanting which functions are used by each
other function in the project?

I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C programming
environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or Linux?

Try Cscope.

jacob navia

Greetings!

Is there a program that looks at your C project
and automagically generates a graph indicanting which functions
are used by each other function in the project?

I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C
programming environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or
Linux?

Thank you very much, Humberto.
The IDE of lcc-win32 does it.

Load all your programs in the IDE.
Then choose Analysis in the main menu,
then Audit in the opening drop down.

In the opening dialog box check "Called by"

The resulting file will contain each function in the project
specifying which function calls it.

Alternatively if you just want to know who calls a specific function
just put the cursor in the identifier and press Ctrl+F8

lcc-win32: a C compiler system for windows.
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

Charles Mills

Greetings!

Is there a program that looks at your C project
and automagically generates a graph indicanting which functions
are used by each other function in the project?

I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C
programming environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or
Linux?

Thank you very much, Humberto.

Try Doxygen.
http://www.doxygen.org/
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

It has a bit of a learning curve, but (when instructed) will produce
call graphs, dependency graphs, etc using GraphViz.
http://www.graphviz.org/

-Charlie