    programming environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or
    Linux?

    Thank you very much, Humberto.

    -rio.br, Jun 7, 2005

  2. -rio.br

    CBFalconer Guest

    Re: Automatic generation of function's uses and dependences (graphrepresentation)

    -rio.br wrote:

    > Is there a program that looks at your C project and automagically
    > generates a graph indicanting which functions are used by each
    > other function in the project?
    >
    > I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C programming
    > environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or Linux?

    Try Cscope.

    CBFalconer, Jun 7, 2005

  3. -rio.br

    jacob navia Guest

    -rio.br wrote:
    > Greetings!
    >
    > Is there a program that looks at your C project
    > and automagically generates a graph indicanting which functions
    > are used by each other function in the project?
    >
    > I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C
    > programming environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or
    > Linux?
    >
    > Thank you very much, Humberto.

    The IDE of lcc-win32 does it.

    Load all your programs in the IDE.
    Then choose Analysis in the main menu,
    then Audit in the opening drop down.

    In the opening dialog box check "Called by"

    The resulting file will contain each function in the project
    specifying which function calls it.

    Alternatively if you just want to know who calls a specific function
    just put the cursor in the identifier and press Ctrl+F8

    lcc-win32: a C compiler system for windows.
    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    jacob navia, Jun 8, 2005
  4. -rio.br wrote:
    > Greetings!
    >
    > Is there a program that looks at your C project
    > and automagically generates a graph indicanting which functions
    > are used by each other function in the project?
    >
    > I´ve seen such program available for the Sun Solaris C
    > programming environment. Any program for Microsoft Windows or
    > Linux?
    >
    > Thank you very much, Humberto.

    Try Doxygen.
    http://www.doxygen.org/
    http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

    It has a bit of a learning curve, but (when instructed) will produce
    call graphs, dependency graphs, etc using GraphViz.
    http://www.graphviz.org/

    -Charlie

    Charles Mills, Jun 8, 2005
  5. -rio.br

    GMM50 Guest

    Check out www.scitools.com

    Understand for C++ and SourcePublisher C++

    I use both and highly recommentd them.

    gm

    GMM50, Jun 8, 2005
  6. -rio.br

    GMM50 wrote:

    > Check out www.scitools.com
    >
    > Understand for C++ and SourcePublisher C++
    >
    > I use both and highly recommentd them.

    Why should I (or anyone else) check it out. C++ is off-topic
    here. Read my sig.

    CBFalconer, Jun 9, 2005