    checked in msconfig. I am sure some of them can be
    unchecked, but i don't have a clue which ones . Can you
    help me? Thanks
    Robyn Wagner, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Robyn Wagner wrote:
    > How do I know which programs can be unchecked in
    > msconfig? I keep getting the message that i am running
    > dangerously low on resources . There are lots of programs
    > checked in msconfig. I am sure some of them can be
    > unchecked, but i don't have a clue which ones . Can you
    > help me? Thanks

    Possibly the wrong newsgroup here, but it really does depend on what you
    have installed on your machine. You need to look down the list and look at
    the filenames and folders they reside in to see if you really need them or
    not. Just don't disable your antivirus software!
    Leon Mayne [MVP], Jan 10, 2005

  3. Hi Robyn,

    Have a look at BlackViper's discussion of Windows services:
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jan 14, 2005