automatic start-up programs

Robyn Wagner

How do I know which programs can be unchecked in
msconfig? I keep getting the message that i am running
dangerously low on resources . There are lots of programs
checked in msconfig. I am sure some of them can be
unchecked, but i don't have a clue which ones . Can you
help me? Thanks

Leon Mayne [MVP]

Robyn said:
How do I know which programs can be unchecked in
msconfig? I keep getting the message that i am running
dangerously low on resources . There are lots of programs
checked in msconfig. I am sure some of them can be
unchecked, but i don't have a clue which ones . Can you
help me? Thanks

Possibly the wrong newsgroup here, but it really does depend on what you
have installed on your machine. You need to look down the list and look at
the filenames and folders they reside in to see if you really need them or
not. Just don't disable your antivirus software!