Automatic value for text box

C. David Rossen

Does anyone know the best way to get an automatic value into a text box as a
result of a selection made in a dropdown box? I have gotten javascript for
this, but this does not suit my needs. The java code sets the value of the
drop down box as the same as the text box, but I need the value to be
different because the results of the form will be sent via email.

For example, there is a drop down box listing classes someone can register
for. Each class has a fee. The value of each option in the drop down is
the name of the class. When someone chooses a class, the fee value
automatically populates the fee text box. Any ideas how to do this while
the value of the class can maintain its value?

Thanks for any help...
David

Mark Parnell

C. David Rossen said:
Does anyone know the best way to get an automatic value into a text
box as a result of a selection made in a dropdown box? I have gotten
javascript for this, but this does not suit my needs. The java code

Which one is it, Java or Javascript? They are 2 very different animals
(apart from the unfortunate similarity in name). Presumably it is
Javascript...
sets the value of the drop down box as the same as the text box, but

....if the user doesn't have Javascript enabled/available it doesn't do
anything.
For example, there is a drop down box listing classes someone can
register for. Each class has a fee. The value of each option in the
drop down is the name of the class. When someone chooses a class,
the fee value automatically populates the fee text box. Any ideas
how to do this while the value of the class can maintain its value?

Why not just put the price into the drop down box as well?