automating Modal dialog close

Devabrat Kumar

Hi

When we click Move/Copy button on Outlook webaccess through watir ,Ruby
then we get a Move/Copy Web Dialog

While it is open i cannot work on the main browser window so I could
know that it is Modal

Now when I am trying to close it using any of these approaches

1) [email protected]_modal()

OR

2) ie3=Watir::IE.attach:)title,'Move/Copy Item');
ie3.close()
With either of the two approches the script waits at this point in the
code forever

It doesnt give any error but the Dialog Box is not closed and the script
waits forever
ANY SOLUTION ?????
--regards
(e-mail address removed)

Jano Svitok

Hi

When we click Move/Copy button on Outlook webaccess through watir ,Ruby
then we get a Move/Copy Web Dialog

While it is open i cannot work on the main browser window so I could
know that it is Modal

Now when I am trying to close it using any of these approaches

1) [email protected]_modal()

OR

2) ie3=Watir::IE.attach:)title,'Move/Copy Item');
ie3.close()
With either of the two approches the script waits at this point in the
code forever

It doesnt give any error but the Dialog Box is not closed and the script
waits forever
ANY SOLUTION ?????
--regards
(e-mail address removed)

AutoIt http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/
either create a standalone script that closes the dialog, or use
autoit dll to control it from ruby.