Autorefresh ASP page help!!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ariel, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Ariel

    Ariel Guest

    Hi, I have this problem:
    In my intranet I use a hidden frame that autorefresh every 30 seconds.
    That page records a hit into SQL Server thats indicates to me the user
    still on-line.
    I use this:
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="30">

    Now I use this:

    var limit="0:30"

    if (document.images){
    var parselimit=limit.split(":")
    parselimit=parselimit[0]*60+parselimit[1]*1
    }
    function beginrefresh(){
    if (!document.images)
    return
    if (parselimit==1)
    window.location.reload()
    else{
    parselimit-=1
    curmin=Math.floor(parselimit/60)
    cursec=parselimit%60
    setTimeout("beginrefresh()",1000)

    I fond all this stuff in google. It's works perfect for me and a lot
    of users, buy I have problems with others that tells me that they are
    not on-line but they have the intranet open, if they press F5 they
    apear on-line inmediatly. They acces to the intranet throw a proxy
    server. All of they have IE 5.5 or better.
    I really don't know what else can do.
    Any help????

    TANKS!!!!!!!!

    P.D.: Sorry abouy mu english

    Ariel, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Ariel

    fabianse Guest

    use a flash object in the page to communicate the online state to your
    central server for every 1 minute.

    hope this help

    fabianse, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Ariel