AwStats vs. window.locate - why AwStats can''t get URL referer?

meucat

Hello People

I use window.locate() to open links from my page to other sites. I do
that because I want to count +1 link for that page, so window.locate
gives me the opportunity use some PHP script before calling link.

Problem is remote server uses AwStats to count incoming calls, so it is
able to count my link only if I send via <a href=url , but not by using
window.locate(url)

I am not shure what I am saying is true, since I am not AwStats expert,
but that is what I see.

I come here only to hear from you that problem is really because
window.open, or else problem is some AwStats parameter that remote
server needs to set up

My other question is: by using meta tag REDIRECT should I solve this
problem?

Thanks

Mig