Axis2 Method call on autogenerated WSDL uses schema targetnamespace !??

Discussion in 'Java' started by Robsy, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. Robsy

    Robsy Guest

    I have made a very simple web service on an Axis2 Tomcat driven server.
    Axis generates the wsdl fine heres a snippet.

    <wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://ws.apache.org/axis2">
    <wsdl:documentation>SimpleService</wsdl:documentation>
    −
    <wsdl:types>
    −
    <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
    elementFormDefault="qualified"
    targetNamespace="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/xsd">
    −
    <xs:element name="echo">
    −
    <xs:complexType>
    −
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="param0" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
    −
    <xs:element name="echoResponse">
    −
    <xs:complexType>
    −
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
    </xs:schema>
    </wsdl:types>
    −
    <wsdl:message name="echoMessage">
    <wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns0:echo"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    −
    <wsdl:message name="echoResponse">
    <wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns0:echoResponse"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    −
    <wsdl:portType name="SimpleServicePortType">
    −
    <wsdl:eek:peration name="echo">
    <wsdl:input message="axis2:echoMessage" wsaw:Action="urn:echo"/>
    <wsdl:eek:utput message="axis2:echoResponse"/>
    </wsdl:eek:peration>
    </wsdl:portType>
    −
    <wsdl:binding name="SimpleServiceSOAP11Binding"
    type="axis2:SimpleServicePortType">
    <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
    style="document"/>
    −
    <wsdl:eek:peration name="echo">
    .......snippet ends

    I have also made a client that can communicate with the echo service
    but ONLY if I use the targetnamespace of the schema and not the one for
    wsdl definitions, and I have absolutely no idea why.

    The request for the client request looks like this:
    <v:Envelope xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:d="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:c="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
    xmlns:v="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><v:Header
    /><v:Body><n0:echo id="o0" c:root="1"
    xmlns:n0="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/xsd"><param0
    i:type="d:string">Test af Soap
    Webservice</param0></n0:echo></v:Body></v:Envelope>

    According to all sorts of books and ressources on the net, the WSDL
    definitions namespace address ALL the elements in the document, so why
    is it that if I change the namespace to the defintions namespace then
    my client gets a faultcode saying that the echo method is not known? I
    am missing out on something here I know so please point me in the right
    direction.

    Robsy, Dec 17, 2006