background-color: #777777 not working in CSS

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Kevin Yu, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. Kevin Yu

    Kevin Yu Guest

    When I declare on HTML page

    <LINK href="mycss.css" type="text/css" rel=stylesheet />
    <BODY class=myclass>

    in mycss.css

    BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Geneva; background-image: url(images/back.jpg); }

    BODY.myclass { FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 15px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Geneva; background-color: #777777; }

    the background-color in the second declaration is NOT taken but the "normal" background image back.jpg is used for the background.

    How do I get #777777 as background-color ?

    Kevin

    Kevin Yu, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Kevin Yu

    Els Guest

    Kevin Yu wrote:

    [snip]

    To avoid anyone else answering the same question: the OP had a
    follow-up set to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.
    That's where everybody's answers went.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Kevin Yu

    rf Guest

    Els
    > Kevin Yu wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > To avoid anyone else answering the same question: the OP had a
    > follow-up set to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.
    > That's where everybody's answers went.

    Dickhead :-(
    <adds OP to killfile>

    The OP, not you Els :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Kevin Yu

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Els
    >> Kevin Yu wrote:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> To avoid anyone else answering the same question: the OP
    >> had a follow-up set to
    >> comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets. That's where
    >> everybody's answers went.

    > Dickhead :-(
    > <adds OP to killfile>
    >
    > The OP, not you Els :)

    I know that :)

    Btw, I think maybe the FAQ (sorry, don't know which ones) aren't
    too clear when they state that in case of crossposting it's a
    good idea to set a follow-up to one of the groups. Maybe there
    should be a clear(er) wording of "mention the follow-up in the
    body of the message!"

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Kevin Yu

    rf Guest

    Els
    > rf wrote:
    > > The OP, not you Els :)

    > I know that :)
    >
    > Btw, I think maybe the FAQ (sorry, don't know which ones) aren't
    > too clear when they state that in case of crossposting it's a
    > good idea to set a follow-up to one of the groups. Maybe there
    > should be a clear(er) wording of "mention the follow-up in the
    > body of the message!"

    I was (oddly enough) reading an FAQ somewhere today wherein it was stated in
    big black writing that thou shall include, in the body of the post, the fact
    that follow-ups have been set. I'm not sure I agree with followup's anyway.
    If the post was important enough to cross post then surely both groups
    should recieve all the messages, otherwise why crosspost in the first place,
    but that is another story.

    I had my time wasted because I don't audit ciwas and didn't see *any*
    messages and I suspect it was only your good grace in posting a message
    direct to ah that stopped even more people wasting their time.

    Bloody trivial question anyway, don't know why I bothered :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 4, 2004
  6. Kevin Yu

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Els
    >> rf wrote:
    >> > The OP, not you Els :)

    >> I know that :)
    >>
    >> Btw, I think maybe the FAQ (sorry, don't know which ones)
    >> aren't too clear when they state that in case of
    >> crossposting it's a good idea to set a follow-up to one of
    >> the groups. Maybe there should be a clear(er) wording of
    >> "mention the follow-up in the body of the message!"

    > I was (oddly enough) reading an FAQ somewhere today wherein
    > it was stated in big black writing that thou shall include,
    > in the body of the post, the fact that follow-ups have been
    > set. I'm not sure I agree with followup's anyway. If the
    > post was important enough to cross post then surely both
    > groups should recieve all the messages, otherwise why
    > crosspost in the first place, but that is another story.

    True. Let's change the "FAQ somewhere" :)

    > I had my time wasted because I don't audit ciwas

    I do, and I first answered the question, as alt.html is
    alfabetically listed above ciwas, and then saw 19 people had
    done the same. (Well, only 13 answered, and 6 responded to
    those answers). So I had my time wasted *plus* was feeling
    like a fool 2 minutes later ;-)

    > and didn't
    > see *any* messages and I suspect it was only your good
    > grace in posting a message direct to ah that stopped even
    > more people wasting their time.

    That's why I posted that message :)

    > Bloody trivial question anyway, don't know why I bothered
    > :)

    It's automatic, a reflex. You see a question, you know the
    answer, you respond. Nothing you can do about it :p

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 4, 2004
  7. Kevin Yu

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Els wrote:

    > I do, and I first answered the question, as alt.html is
    > alfabetically listed above ciwas, and then saw 19 people had
    > done the same. (Well, only 13 answered, and 6 responded to
    > those answers). So I had my time wasted *plus* was feeling
    > like a fool 2 minutes later ;-)

    I was only the second person to reply... not knowing someone else had
    given a perfectly fine answer before mine. Incidentally, I gave the same
    solution as you, Els, not the rest of the peeps.

    Even being the first person to waste my time, I felt dirty and used <g>

    --
    Dylan Parry
    http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

    Listening to: Dream Theater - Act II Scene Seven: II. One Last Time

    Dylan Parry, Aug 4, 2004
  8. Kevin Yu

    Els Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> I do, and I first answered the question, as alt.html is
    >> alfabetically listed above ciwas, and then saw 19 people
    >> had done the same. (Well, only 13 answered, and 6
    >> responded to those answers). So I had my time wasted
    >> *plus* was feeling like a fool 2 minutes later ;-)

    > I was only the second person to reply... not knowing
    > someone else had given a perfectly fine answer before mine.
    > Incidentally, I gave the same solution as you, Els, not the
    > rest of the peeps.

    You're saying you actually read and paid attention to all the
    answers? Now that's wasting your time! ;-)

    > Even being the first person to waste my time, I felt dirty
    > and used <g>

    :)
    You suppose we could sue the OP for abuse then?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 4, 2004
  9. Kevin Yu

    lime Guest

    > Kevin Yu wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > To avoid anyone else answering the same question: the OP had a
    > follow-up set to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.
    > That's where everybody's answers went.

    Aww, I wondered where my reply went....

    lime, Aug 4, 2004