banal installation question of J2EE

Adrian Pohl

Hello together

I've seen the post from Andy on 16.10.2004. There they discuss which
Application-Server is the right for him. I have another question in the
same direction, but not exactly.

My Question: I've already running J2SE and it's working properly! Then I
wanted to setup J2EE and therefore I downloaded and installed (before
that, I uninstalled J2SE) j2eesdk-1_4_2004Q4-beta-windows and everything
went well, the "hello" sample worked. but then, I looked up for the
J2SE, but I haven't found it; where is the J2SE? I need to know that,
'cause I still want to write Java Code and Compile this with the
prompt(for exercising) or I want to install Eclipse/NetBeans and I
think, that I have to "tell" them, where the JDK is. and am I right,
that if am installing later JBoss, this Server needs to know where J2SE
is, too, or does the installation procedure does all the registration
for me?

Maybe I haven't figured out how J2EE works and maybe from now on, I do
not need to know where the J2SE is?!

Isn't it better to install everything manually, not in a bundle, so that
if I am going to install anything later, I already know where all the
things are? unfortunately I haven't found any documentation for it; do
you know where I can find one?

greetings
adrian