Base class and session object

Frank Esser

Hi,

I created a base class for my project from that all other pages inherit.

Within this page in the OnLoad event I set some session object variables.

My intention is that first of all the OnLoad event is fired on each page
load and then the specific Page_Load event of the specific page.

But whenever the OnLoad event in the base class is fired the Session object
is empty again.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is my code:

public class MyBasePage : System.Web.UI.Page

// on each page load make sure that everything is available
if (Session["test"] == null) Session["test"] = "Just a test";
// calls the page specific OnLoad event
base.OnLoad(e);

public class WebForm1 : MyBasePage

Frank Esser

Ok, it was my fault !
Somewhere in my code I set the session object to NULL and this was the
problem...
Sorry for my unnecessary request!

Kevin Spencer

Are you by any chance testing this in the debugger of Visual Studio.Net?
This causes the app to restart every time you run it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Kevin Spencer

Oops! In that case, ignore my unnecessary response!