Base Page inheritance in ASP.NET 2.0

Craig Street

Hi

How do i create a base page in ASP.NET 2.0? I don't want to use master pages
as I don't need any visual inheritance.

You could do this simply in ASP.NET 1.1 by creating a base page that
inherted form System.Web.UI.Page and then ensuring that all of your pages
inherited from your own base page.

With the advent of partial classes this seems somewhat more difficult.

I've got the following code

public partial class Default_aspx : BasePage

where BasePage is a custom base page that I have created, but I get the
following error when i try and compile

CS0263: Partial declarations of 'Default_aspx' must not specify differenet
base classes

Thanks

Patrice

(Not checked).

It looks like to me that :
- the aspx page inherits from the base class
- the code uses then the partial keywork to "complement" the whole derived
class

I would look if the class from which a page inherits is not now a directive
in the ASPX page.

Please let us know.

Patrice