Base Page

Patxi

Hi,

I've created a class inheriting System.Web.UI.Page, and all this stuff I
was doing worked until now...

I want to setup some 'global' meta values, doing this:

HtmlLink link = new HtmlLink();
link.Attributes.Add("type", "text/css");
link.Attributes.Add("rel", "stylesheet");
link.Attributes.Add("href", "~/newstyle.css");
this.Header.Controls.Add(link);

I have this error on an aspx.cs inheriting my class instead of
System.Web.UI.Page:

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not
set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 176: link.Attributes.Add("href", "~/newstyle.css");
Line 177: this.Page.Header.Controls.Add(link);

It would be really nice if I could render all meta stuff in my base
class without calling it from page.aspx.cs...

TIA

Michael Bosch

Where exactly are you running these methods? You have to be careful on
which event you start initalizing objects because some of them may not yet
have been initalized. Are you doing this in the constructor of the page?
It may have to occur AfterInit