BASE64Encoder

Chris Berg

There is a class named sun.misc.BASE64Encoder, it's been there at
least since java 1.1. It works fine if I do

String enc=new sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode(myString.getBytes()));

But it is considered bad practice to use classes inside the sun
package, so I wish to avoid calling it directly. How do I get to the
base64encoder from the normal api?

Chris

karl wettin

There is a class named sun.misc.BASE64Encoder, it's been there at
least since java 1.1. It works fine if I do

String enc=new sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode(myString.getBytes()));

But it is considered bad practice to use classes inside the sun
package, so I wish to avoid calling it directly. How do I get to the
base64encoder from the normal api?

The iharder project contains an awesome Base64-lib. Check it out:
http://sf.net/projects/iharder

karl
--
http://sf.net/projects/silvertejp/

[Human]<|--+--[Woman]<>-- +mother +child {0..*} --[Human]
\--[Man]<>-- +father +child {0..*} --[Human]

"arghhh .. it's all in geek" - objectmonkey.com