Basic question b/w ASP & ASP .NET

Newbie

I would like to know what is the basic difference
between
ASP and ASP .NET
VB AND VB .NET
ADO and ADO .NET
look forward to your responses

S. Justin Gengo

There are a lot of articles about this. Just do a search on google.

The biggest difference to me as a web developer has been withing the asp vs.
asp.net side of things. asp was never object oriented and asp.net is. That
means it is much easier to re-use code. It also means that the display code
and the business logic code may now be completely separated in a way that
just wasn't possible before.

I haven't found that it makes creating applications that much faster, but
that has been because I am now doing much more difficult things that I would
have left out before but can now do.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

All the .NET stuff is newer and better.
The performace is better.
The programming model is better and easier.
It's targeted more toward high performance internet apps than the old stuff.
It's more object oriented.