Basic threading concept

Abhi

Hi,
I have a basic question about threading in regard to application
servers.
Nowadays almost all servers implement pooling concepts.

My question is :If my app server is delegating user requests to
separate instances of my class then why should I need threading at
all?

regards,

Lew

Abhi said:
Hi,
I have a basic question about threading in regard to application
servers.
Nowadays almost all servers implement pooling concepts.

My question is :If my app server is delegating user requests to
separate instances of my class then why should I need threading at
all?

You don't need to code explicitly for threading, but you need it or the app
server can't use it.

In most cases in an app server, e.g., Tomcat, you should not explicitly spawn
new threads.

Richard Reynolds

Abhi said:
Hi,
I have a basic question about threading in regard to application
servers.
Nowadays almost all servers implement pooling concepts.

My question is :If my app server is delegating user requests to
separate instances of my class then why should I need threading at
all?

regards,
You don't, normally the application server is doing the threading for you.
If you're writing your own server then you likely will need it.