'batch' img src switching in link.. rel.. href.. or userstylesheet?

QuasiAnon

With my web pages, I hope to email just the HTML and CSS files, zipped in small attachment. But i've edited my HTMLs using
local stored img files. Yet the emailed HTMLs must link to imgs on a host site.
my final goal is to be able to switch easily between sets of img
1st set on hard disk and
2nd set img on imagehost site.

Decent solution could be: editing the link rel css lines in HTML header to switch between different css (or other external files?)
If that's possible, I envision something like these two choices:
local disk:
<link title="whatever" rel="stylesheet" href="../wherever/whatever_again.css" type="text/css" />
webhost for images:
<link title="whatever" rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/whatever_v2.css" type="text/css" />

is it possible to mass-specify something like this? (url or path to img src's)
if there's info on the web, i must not be googling the appropriate wording.

-----
i saw a desription of using background img style used as a backup for img src, but i think trying to match the positioning of the
img could be become complicated, especially since i have float left and right in various divs.

omitting conjecture based on that, to keep post shorter...
tia...

windandwaves

[...]

try :
<head>
<base href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/">
</head>

QuasiAnon

windandwaves said:
try :
<head>
<base href="http://www.whoever-imagehost.com/">
</head>

thank you very much.
even though i've been googling this topic for a couple days (inbetween lots of other stuff) i only now (1) just found a little
base href url info at netscape (1998)
i still haven;t verified whether base href is ok with xhtml (googling that aspect gives nothing readily decipherable), but i'll try
*first* with a small page, run validation, etc.

now i only have to confirm whether the imagehost uses consistent server domain for all images. IOW, if actual image locations
are
"24.host.net/uno.jpg"
and
"655.host.net/dos.jpg"
in same HTML file, then that imagehost will be a problem for the base href solution

or hunt for a host that uses consistent domain. so, problem appears essentially solved.
thanks, again.

windandwaves

[...]

Try www.w3.org

Cheers