Batch Validation via W3C?

(Pete Cresswell)

I'm using http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html and it's getting kind of
old... Validate, hit the "Back" button, paste the path in, Validate.....

I'm guessing that real developers have some sort of batch implementation of
this.

Write my own screen to support same?

Local copy of the validator?

C A Upsdell

(Pete Cresswell) said:
I'm using http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html and it's getting kind of
old... Validate, hit the "Back" button, paste the path in, Validate.....

I'm guessing that real developers have some sort of batch implementation of
this.

Write my own screen to support same?

Local copy of the validator?

Take a look at aRealValidator.com

dorayme

Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:57:02 +0100
Subject: Re: Batch Validation via W3C?

Here you can validate your entire site in one operation:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

--
Yours
Erik Ginnerskov

Yes, a good one but it is limited to 100 pages, question becomes how to
organise to check a site bigger than this...

dorayme

[To email me so I get it, please use "12345" without the quotes somehere in
the subject line]

(Pete Cresswell)

Per dorayme:
Yes, a good one but it is limited to 100 pages, question becomes how to
organise to check a site bigger than this...

I bought aRealValidator and it rips through about 400 pages in what seems like a
very short time.

Of course, I cannot evaluate the accuracy of it's validation....but UI-wise it's
pretty good. Could use a split screen for viewing source code against error
messages...but that's kind of trivial in the context of it's functionality vs
using the W3C screen one-page-at-a-time.