    Local copy of the validator?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Dec 25, 2004

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    Neal Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:42:54 GMT, (Pete Cresswell) <> wrote:

    > I'm using http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html and it's getting kind
    > of
    > old... Validate, hit the "Back" button, paste the path in, Validate.....

    When I use the regular validator - which reads the file off the server - I
    need only reload the page. Does reload not work with the upload one?

    Neal, Dec 25, 2004

  3. (Pete Cresswell)

    C A Upsdell Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    > I'm using http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html and it's getting kind of
    > old... Validate, hit the "Back" button, paste the path in, Validate.....
    >
    > I'm guessing that real developers have some sort of batch implementation of
    > this.
    >
    > Write my own screen to support same?
    >
    > Local copy of the validator?

    Take a look at aRealValidator.com

    C A Upsdell, Dec 25, 2004
  4. Erik Ginnerskov, Dec 25, 2004
  5. C A Upsdell <""cupsdellXXX\"@-@"> wrote:
    >Take a look at aRealValidator.com

    Exactly what I was looking for.

    Liam is now $25 ahead.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Dec 25, 2004
  6. (Pete Cresswell)

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Erik Ginnerskov" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:57:02 +0100
    > Subject: Re: Batch Validation via W3C?
    >
    > (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    >> I'm using http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html and it's getting
    >> kind of old... Validate, hit the "Back" button, paste the path in,
    >> Validate.....
    >>
    >> I'm guessing that real developers have some sort of batch
    >> implementation of this.

    > Here you can validate your entire site in one operation:
    >
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
    >
    > --
    > Yours
    > Erik Ginnerskov
    > http://hjemmesideskolen.dk - http://html-faq.dk
    > http://ginnerskov.frac.dk

    Yes, a good one but it is limited to 100 pages, question becomes how to
    organise to check a site bigger than this...

    dorayme

    [To email me so I get it, please use "12345" without the quotes somehere in
    the subject line]

    dorayme, Dec 27, 2004
  7. Per dorayme:
    >Yes, a good one but it is limited to 100 pages, question becomes how to
    >organise to check a site bigger than this...

    I bought aRealValidator and it rips through about 400 pages in what seems like a
    very short time.

    Of course, I cannot evaluate the accuracy of it's validation....but UI-wise it's
    pretty good. Could use a split screen for viewing source code against error
    messages...but that's kind of trivial in the context of it's functionality vs
    using the W3C screen one-page-at-a-time.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Dec 27, 2004