Bazix introduce One Chip FPGA computer

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Sander Zuidema, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Stats:

    Altera Cyclone EP1C12Q240C8 FPGA chip
    32 MB SDRAM
    SD/MMC card slot
    MSX Cartridge slot
    2 mono audio outputs
    Composite video output
    VGA output
    PS/2 keyboard connector
    USB connector
    MSX Joystick port
    FPGA I/O pin (40 pins and 10 pins)
    Short instruction manual
    110/220V AC power supply

    Info: http://www.bazix.nl/onechipmsx.html

    Cheers,

    Sander Zuidema

    --------------------------------------
    Bazix VOF
    Hoge der A 30-2
    9712 AE
    Groningen

    T: +31(0)50-3112518
    I: www.bazix.nl
    --------------------------------------

    Sander Zuidema, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Hi Sander,

    Cool piece of kit. It only seems to be missing the tape interface - or does
    that have to go through the tulip plugs?

    Best regards,

    Ben Twijnstra

    Ben Twijnstra, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Hello Ben,

    > Cool piece of kit. It only seems to be missing the tape interface - or does
    > that have to go through the tulip plugs?

    Indeed, the tape interface is currently unsupported. Well spotted ;). I
    guess that if you'd really want to, you could use the tulip plugs for
    it. As ASCII are the producers and Bazix the distributors of the device,
    I cannot confirm whether or not the tulip plugs can be used as inputs as
    well at this stage. I'll get back to you as soon as I can ;)

    Sander Zuidema

    --------------------------------------
    Bazix VOF
    Hoge der A 30-2
    9712 AE
    Groningen

    T: +31(0)50-3112518
    I: www.bazix.nl

    Sander Zuidema, Jul 11, 2005
  4. I have checked the Webster, it matches my definition of a chip: "a small
    wafer of semiconductor material that forms the base for an integrated
    circuit". Hardly, that multichip PCB can be used for that. Why not to call
    it a socket or a wardrobe?

    valentin tihomirov, Jul 16, 2005