Best Codeplex sample for showing best coding practices?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Dalberg, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    I am looking for an ASP.NET application on CodePlex which exemplifies best
    practices for the following:

    - Use of interfaces
    - Seperation of the UI, business and data tiers
    - Data Tier that uses Enterprise Libraries data layer (if possible)
    - Use of providers (if possible)
    - use of factories (if possible)
    - use of caching
    - Session management
    - Anything else of value

    Any recommendations?

    TIA

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Nov 15, 2006

  2. You probably won't find exactly what you are looking for on Codeplex, because
    its really for people's joint creations and apps, not for illustrations of
    "Best practices".
    However, there is an entire section on best practices on MSDN online,
    written by Brad Abrams and others, as well as several downloadable "Best
    Practices" illustrations. You can also download and look at the Enterprise
    Library itself, this has examples.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 15, 2006

  3. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    > <> wrote: You probably won't find exactly
    > what you are looking for on Codeplex, because its really for people's
    > joint creations and apps, not for illustrations of "Best practices".
    > However, there is an entire section on best practices on MSDN online,
    > written by Brad Abrams and others, as well as several downloadable "Best
    > Practices" illustrations. You can also download and look at the
    > Enterprise Library itself, this has examples.
    > Peter

    It doesn't have to be perfect. An application that comes close is good
    enough. I would rather look at an app than read books or web pages.

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Nov 15, 2006
  4. John Dalberg

    samuelhon Guest