    Could anyone recommend a faster program?

    Thanks,

    Richard

    Richard Quick, May 29, 2005

  2. Richard Quick wrote:

    > I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
    > can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
    > things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
    > (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

    > Could anyone recommend a faster program?

    Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
    set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 29, 2005

  3. Blinky,

    Thanks for the tip.

    Unfortunately I'm using a freebie FTP service that disconnects me every few
    minutes. I therefore need a program that will reconnect and continue for me.

    Regards,

    Richard.

    Richard Quick, May 29, 2005
  4. Richard Quick wrote:
    > I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
    > can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
    > things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
    > (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

    It is doing that to stop it from disconnecting. (see your second post
    about your service disconnecting you ) In the setup there is an options
    that turns that off.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, May 29, 2005
  5. Richard Quick

    nemo Guest

    On 29 May 2005 09:54:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Richard Quick wrote:
    >
    >> I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
    >> can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
    >> things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
    >> (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

    >> Could anyone recommend a faster program?

    >Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
    >set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.

    Can't say about comparative speed, but if you're using Filezilla which is
    free, perhaps you might be interested in a copy of the last free version of
    ws_ftp before it went limited-time-trial. If so, post to

    removing yourclothes to do so.

    nemo, May 29, 2005