Best FTP Application

Richard Quick

Hi,

I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
(which is unnecessary and slows it down).

Could anyone recommend a faster program?

Thanks,

Richard

Blinky the Shark

Richard said:
I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
(which is unnecessary and slows it down).
Could anyone recommend a faster program?

Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.

Richard Quick

Blinky,

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately I'm using a freebie FTP service that disconnects me every few
minutes. I therefore need a program that will reconnect and continue for me.

Regards,

Richard.

Travis Newbury

Richard said:
I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
(which is unnecessary and slows it down).

It is doing that to stop it from disconnecting. (see your second post
about your service disconnecting you ) In the setup there is an options
that turns that off.

nemo

Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.
Can't say about comparative speed, but if you're using Filezilla which is
free, perhaps you might be interested in a copy of the last free version of
ws_ftp before it went limited-time-trial. If so, post to
(e-mail address removed)
removing yourclothes to do so.