    attachment.

    So what's the way to go?

    Hal

    Hal Fulton, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Hal Fulton <> wrote:
    > I think I've heard of at least four NNTP libraries in Ruby --
    > two in the RAA, and (I think) another two not therein.

    The lib by nazgul in RAA contains several bugs:
    - sock_disconnect never called (gives a nice out of file
    descriptors after ~500 connections in Linux...)
    - splitting in article modifies article (AFAIR "empty" lines)
    - . at beginning of body text line not handled correctly
    - newnews doesn't work with 4 digit year server
    - CR+LF vs. LF handling not consistent in all functions
    - listgroup misses call parameter forwarding(?)
    - sock_readline: select/timeout not pretty
    - ...

    IMHO

    Either a line by line audit or a rewrite from scratch is needed -
    I wanted to do the last option for months but never got around
    doing it...

    Martin

    Martin Pirker, Sep 10, 2003