    get to work for a web form) or another method? so, i am
    hoping that one of you can help me with this..

    thanks

    david, Nov 24, 2003

  2. If the data is always in a spreadsheet format, you can set up the page with
    the form (search box and button) and a DataGrid that gets bound with the
    data. For display only, the column names and number of columns can even
    change from query to query. Many times, this is too generic.

    If the data display is rather dynamic, a panel makes a nice container to add
    information into. You can bind controls and text (via a literal) to the
    panel.

    These two methods should fit 90%+ of the scenarios you can come up with, as
    Data will either be in a spreadsheet, or placed into controls. The latter is
    more common when dynamically building forms a user can fill in.

    NOTE: For simple lists, use a DataList, for spreadsheet, use a DataGrid, and
    for custom repetitive display, use a Repeater. For anything more dynamic
    than that, you will have to add controls to a container object, like a Panel
    control.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 24, 2003