Best way to add webservice on website with form authentication?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Vili, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Vili

    Vili Guest

    Hi all

    I am having problems with using an webservice on my website which has
    form authentication and saves the data to a cookie. When trying to add
    web reference to the webservice it complains about the authorization.
    The error I get is

    "There was an error downloading 'http://localhost:3915/ekoseer/
    myWebService.asmx'.

    The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <h2>Object moved to <a href="/sivusto/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fsivusto
    %2fMyWebService.asmx">here</a>.</h2>

    --."

    Any help or suggestions would be nice :)

    Vili
    Vili, Jun 20, 2007

  2. Vili

    Vili Guest

    Forgot to add, that this same webservice must be possible to query
    from a server machine without any user logged in.
    Vili, Jun 20, 2007