Best Way To Connect .aspx to XML web service...

kennedystephen

I have a .NET web service which returns a System.XML.XMLDocument. The
data returned in the XML is just simple text. Now, I want to display
and format the text on a .aspx web page. I know how to call the web
service from my .aspx by using 'add web resource', but is that the
right way to do this? Once I get the XML object back from the web
service, what's the best way to format and display it on my .aspx web
page? Through XSL/XSLT? Do I use a seperate data reader control to
connect to the XML web service? Help?

Guest

I assume by "Add Web Resource" you really meant "Add Web Reference and
plugged in the url to your services WSDL generator page.

You can add the XML to an XML Control, and an appropriate XSLT Stylesheet,
and the control will automatically perform the transform to display the
result any way you like.
Peter