    Regards,
    Matt Clara
    www.mattclara.com

    Matt Clara, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Matt Clara

    Spartanicus Guest

    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm#audiovideo
    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Matt Clara

    Guest

    Matt Clara wrote:
    > Hi, we have a series of Public Service Announcements roughly 700KB a

    piece
    > in MP3 format. Until now I've used a simple
    > <embed width="285" height="50" src="MDA_PSA_01.mp3" autoplay="false"
    > border="1">, which appears to work great within the LAN I test on,

    but I'm
    > afraid it's automatically downloading the files upon opening the

    page.

    Well, that's what you're *telling* it to do, isn't it?

    Why not just hyperlink your audio files, like this:

    That way, people can play the audio on whatever plugin or helper-app
    they might happen to have configured for this data type, or download it
    to be played externally.

    --
    Dan

    , Dec 9, 2004
  4. Matt Clara

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Matt Clara wrote:

    > Hi, we have a series of Public Service Announcements roughly 700KB a piece
    > in MP3 format. Until now I've used a simple
    > <embed width="285" height="50" src="MDA_PSA_01.mp3" autoplay="false"
    > border="1">, which appears to work great within the LAN I test on, but I'm
    > afraid it's automatically downloading the files upon opening the page. I
    > don't even know anyone with dialup I could test it on! At any rate,
    > there's probably a better way (keeping in mind we have no streaming
    > capabilities on our servers), and I was hoping to receive a few pointers
    > here. Here's the page:
    > http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1568_2390_18298-101396--,00.html

    Click enter:
    http://www.thecelticgoddess.com/

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Matt Clara

    Fernie Guest

    Matt,

    I visited your site and had to look at a blank white page for at least 30
    seconds. Finally, your page appeared and I was able to play your sound
    media.

    Anyway, I have a cable modem connection so I can't even begin to guess how
    long I would have waited if I had a dialup connection.

    Regards,

    Fernie

    --

    ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

    Fernie, Dec 9, 2004
  6. Matt Clara

    Matt Clara Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Matt Clara wrote:
    > > Hi, we have a series of Public Service Announcements roughly 700KB a

    > piece
    > > in MP3 format. Until now I've used a simple
    > > <embed width="285" height="50" src="MDA_PSA_01.mp3" autoplay="false"
    > > border="1">, which appears to work great within the LAN I test on,

    > but I'm
    > > afraid it's automatically downloading the files upon opening the

    > page.
    >
    > Well, that's what you're *telling* it to do, isn't it?

    I guess that's what I'm asking, yes? Yes.

    > Why not just hyperlink your audio files, like this:

    > That way, people can play the audio on whatever plugin or helper-app
    > they might happen to have configured for this data type, or download it
    > to be played externally.

    I guess I was hoping for something snazzier than that...

    Matt Clara, Dec 9, 2004
  7. Matt Clara

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Jan Faerber, Dec 9, 2004
  8. Matt Clara

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Matt Clara <> said:

    > I guess I was hoping for something snazzier than that...

    What could be snazzier than allowing your visitor the freedom to play it
    the way they want to? Or even not to play it.

    Especially with a file of that size audio/video should never be
    loaded/played unless the user specifically requests it.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 9, 2004