Best way to display and administer semi-structured data.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by single threaded, Jun 11, 2005.

  1. What's the best design practice to follow when building an administrative
    front-end to manage semi-structured data. For example, What's the best way
    to manage the following xml data ? Master-Detail clearly falls short.
    Also, what's the best way to store it in DB ? As a native xml or build
    relational tables and shread the doc into the tables ?

    <node1 attr1="xx1">
    <node2 attr2="yy1">
    <node3 attr3="zz1">
    <node4 attr4 ="x" attr5="n1"></node4>
    <node4 attr4 ="y" attr5="n2"></node4>
    </node3>
    <node3 attr3="zz2">
    </node3>
    </node2>
    <node2 attr2="yy2">
    <node3 attr3="zz3">
    </node3>
    <node3 attr3="zz4">
    </node3>
    <node3 attr3="zz5">
    <node4 attr4 ="z" attr5="n3"></node4>
    </node3>
    </node2>
    </node1>
    <node1>...
    </node1>

    Thanks
    SingleThreaded

    single threaded, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Hi,
    I hope i posted this question to the correct discusion board. Please suggest
    if this question should be posed to a different group.

    Thanks
    Singlethreaded

    single threaded, Jun 17, 2005