best way to filter rows in real time

ipy2006

I have about 15 columns and 300 or more rows on a web page. The first
column is ITEM ID. Each ITEM ID has some remarks history in the
database. I need to filter ITEM ID that have only certain "remark
type". The remarks are not diplayed in any of the 15 columns or 300
rows. What do you think is the best way to handle this. I use Java
Servlets in the application.
Thanks,
-yip

GArlington

I have about 15 columns and 300 or more rows on a web page. The first
column is ITEM ID. Each ITEM ID has some remarks history in the
database. I need to filter ITEM ID that have only certain "remark
type". The remarks are not diplayed in any of the 15 columns or 300
rows. What do you think is the best way to handle this. I use Java
Servlets in the application.
Thanks,
-yip

It has NOTHING to do with javascript.
You have to pass selection/filter params to your "Java Servlets"...

ipy2006

It has NOTHING to do with javascript.
You have to pass selection/filter params to your "Java Servlets"...

I understand. But I want to use Javascript to speed up the process if
possible. You know client side computing, AJAX etc.

Thanks,
-yip

GArlington

I understand. But I want to use Javascript to speed up the process if
possible. You know client side computing, AJAX etc.

Thanks,
-yip

You CAN NOT process on client side something that you DO NOT pass to
the client...

nolo contendere

I understand. But I want to use Javascript to speed up the process if
possible. You know client side computing, AJAX etc.

Generally, the best way to speed up processing with regard to
filtering is: filter as upstream as possible. This will save time on
all downstream processes. It's extra work to have to send the whole
result set over the network, just to have the client do the filtering.