    Servlets in the application.
    Thanks,
    -yip
    ipy2006, Feb 6, 2008

  2. ipy2006

    GArlington Guest

    On Feb 6, 2:53 pm, ipy2006 <> wrote:
    > I have about 15 columns and 300 or more rows on a web page. The first
    > column is ITEM ID. Each ITEM ID has some remarks history in the
    > database. I need to filter ITEM ID that have only certain "remark
    > type". The remarks are not diplayed in any of the 15 columns or 300
    > rows. What do you think is the best way to handle this. I use Java
    > Servlets in the application.
    > Thanks,
    > -yip

    It has NOTHING to do with javascript.
    You have to pass selection/filter params to your "Java Servlets"...
    GArlington, Feb 6, 2008

  3. ipy2006

    ipy2006 Guest

    On Feb 6, 10:08 am, GArlington <> wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 2:53 pm, ipy2006 <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have about 15 columns and 300 or more rows on a web page. The first
    > > column is ITEM ID. Each ITEM ID has some remarks history in the
    > > database. I need to filter ITEM ID that have only certain "remark
    > > type". The remarks are not diplayed in any of the 15 columns or 300
    > > rows. What do you think is the best way to handle this. I use Java
    > > Servlets in the application.
    > > Thanks,
    > > -yip

    > It has NOTHING to do with javascript.
    > You have to pass selection/filter params to your "Java Servlets"...

    I understand. But I want to use Javascript to speed up the process if
    possible. You know client side computing, AJAX etc.

    Thanks,
    -yip
    ipy2006, Feb 6, 2008
  4. ipy2006

    GArlington Guest

    On Feb 6, 3:13 pm, ipy2006 <> wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 10:08 am, GArlington <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 6, 2:53 pm, ipy2006 <> wrote:

    > > > I have about 15 columns and 300 or more rows on a web page. The first
    > > > column is ITEM ID. Each ITEM ID has some remarks history in the
    > > > database. I need to filter ITEM ID that have only certain "remark
    > > > type". The remarks are not diplayed in any of the 15 columns or 300
    > > > rows. What do you think is the best way to handle this. I use Java
    > > > Servlets in the application.
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > -yip

    > > It has NOTHING to do with javascript.
    > > You have to pass selection/filter params to your "Java Servlets"...

    > I understand. But I want to use Javascript to speed up the process if
    > possible. You know client side computing, AJAX etc.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -yip

    You CAN NOT process on client side something that you DO NOT pass to
    the client...
    GArlington, Feb 6, 2008
  5. On Feb 6, 10:13 am, ipy2006 <> wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 10:08 am, GArlington <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 6, 2:53 pm, ipy2006 <> wrote:

    > > > I have about 15 columns and 300 or more rows on a web page. The first
    > > > column is ITEM ID. Each ITEM ID has some remarks history in the
    > > > database. I need to filter ITEM ID that have only certain "remark
    > > > type". The remarks are not diplayed in any of the 15 columns or 300
    > > > rows. What do you think is the best way to handle this. I use Java
    > > > Servlets in the application.
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > -yip

    > > It has NOTHING to do with javascript.
    > > You have to pass selection/filter params to your "Java Servlets"...

    > I understand. But I want to use Javascript to speed up the process if
    > possible. You know client side computing, AJAX etc.

    Generally, the best way to speed up processing with regard to
    filtering is: filter as upstream as possible. This will save time on
    all downstream processes. It's extra work to have to send the whole
    result set over the network, just to have the client do the filtering.
    nolo contendere, Feb 6, 2008